People in airports

arlanda_sept09 folk_umea_sept09

It´s been quiet here for a while, I had to make an unplanned journey to my old hometown Umeå. Unfortunately I didn´t have much time for drawing up there, but waiting for flights at Arlanda and Umeå airports gave me some excellent opportunities to take the sketchbook out of the bag and get some People Practice. I need it badly…

13 x 18 cm, Lamy Safari pens with Noodler´s Lexington Grey, Fox Red and Hunter´s Green ink on no-name sketchbook paper.

17 Responses to “People in airports”

1. Martine says:

If “you” need practice, I wonder what I could say about myself ! These sketches are just great! The attitudes are so natural! Bravo!

2. Gary says:

Nina, your work is great. I keep looking at the skills you have and am blown away.

3. Kelly says:

Great sketches of people. You did a fabulous job.

4. Great job, you can stop “practicing” now! Love the colored inks, especially the red.

5. Alissa says:

Airports can be great places and someimes people actually stay still for a while, bu then sometimes they get up and move ! This is a wonderful compilation of faces and figures

6. LOVE the guy with the red striped shirt!

7. Leona says:

Great use of your time waiting…my fav is the lady with the (green hair?)!

8. nancy t says:

Well, my goodness – these are splendid and so much fun to look at. I certainly don’t see “badly needed practice” in them! nancy

9. I love how you just drew each person overlapping the next. It really fills out the page in a nice way.

10. Phyllis says:

Nina You always teach me something with your creative eye… love the red mixed into the black inks. It turns entire pages into something wonderful. thank you for sharing…

11. Sharon says:

Why do you need practice? LOL These are amazing! I especially like the red and black on white one. I like the way you’ve integrated all the shapes together, the lines, and the colors. Good job! I can only aspire to be as good. :)

12. Ellen says:

Love every bit of this. It’s amazing how you capture each pose in just a few lines. Every bit of body language is captured with simplicity and clarity. And in a great composition as well! Just wonderful.

13. Nina,
    These drawings of people are outstanding, beautifully composed on the page. Red and black combination makes it sing. You are too modest. The saying practice makes perfect does not apply. In your case it could be perfect makes practice.

14. Oh Nina, I forgot. Love your new blog. I have bookmarked it so I can delight in your work regularly.

15. Hi there, Nina… your sketches are so amazing. Loved the fast coloured lines… the option (or the only choice you had at that moment) you did for few colors made the composition more special.
    Few days ago I did a sketch in the airport… it was a lonely, desert and sad place at 2:00 AM… but I didn´t like the result… will keep on trying. Maybe someday my line gets close to yours. It was an inspiration!

By the way, my daughter is also a Nina girl! Beautiful name, isn´t it?

Best Wishes from Fortaleza-Ceará-Brazil

16. isabel says:

great pages of people sketches

17. Miriam says:

Nina,
    I LOVE your drawings and watercolors! And the way you compose your drawings and sketchbooks! You are a great inspiration. I’m always looking forward to your postings.

Copyright © 2017 Nina Johansson. All Rights Reserved.
No computers were harmed in the 0.114 seconds it took to produce this page.