My book is printed!

Drawing around Sagrada Familia book

I just got word (and images) from my publisher, Zahorí, that my book Drawing around Sagrada Família is printed! It is not for sale just yet, but soon will be. (I will let you know when it is.)

The sketches in it were drawn during ten days in August last summer, when I was invited by Zahorí to explore and draw the Sagrada Família and the streets around it. The sketches were made into a Sketch guide, the start of a new series of books that Zahori is producing. It was a fantastic experience, not just because the Sagrada Família is an amazing place, but also because I have never drawn so much and so intensely around one and the same subject before.

Gaudi and Sagrada Família books

Released along with my book, there is also a Sketch guide called Explore Gaudí by Swasky. Check it out here.

I will post more images as soon as I get my hands on a copy!

25 Responses to “My book is printed!”

1. Monica says:

Hej Nina
    Nu talar jag flytande svenska!
    Kom till Barcelona så visar jag dig mina hemliga ställen!
    Stora kramar från Monica

2. David says:

Congratulations! It must be a wonderful feeling to have a book published. Let me know where I can buy the book(s) when they are available. :)

3. Jeanne says:

Oh, how wonderful to see your new book…at least on the outside. I wonder if a sketch guide is to show people where good places for sketching are located. Will watch this site for an announcement of your book for sale.

• Thanks Jeanne! The sketch guide is sort of a guide book about a place or an area, but with sketches instead of photos, and with a more personal choice of content, I guess, since the sketcher (me, in this case) is the one who chooses what to include in the book.

4. Susanne says:

Congratulations!

5. Anna Wolf says:

Grattis! Coolt med en egen bok! :)

6. sole says:

Wow, that was fast! Not even a year since you drew everything! :-)

Glad to have seen some of the originals… while they were made!

7. Annika S says:

Grattis! Ser väldigt fint ut

8. Linda says:

Ååååhhh vad roligt.
    Grattis.
    Den ser jag fram emot att få köpa! och läsa!

9. Brian says:

Congratulations! Looking forward to picking up a copy when they are officially released!

10. Felicity says:

Congratulations Nina, the books look beautiful and I’ll be waiting to get my hands on a copy too! Wonderful that your art is recognised and available to us in this way – good luck with the sales!

11. Congratulations. It was a pleasure to meet you whilst you were working on the book, and I’ll be sure to buy a copy when it’s available.

• Thanks, Sue! It was great to meet you too, I was so glad to have the company of you and the other sketchers (for example Sole, in a comment above) in Barcelona! : )

12. Melliott says:

That’s awesome, and the book looks beautifully realized. What an honor to actually be invited to do this, and how discriminating of them to want to use a sketchbook instead of photographs for their guidebooks. Will you be doing other locations too?

13. Mariana says:

wow, congratulations! :)

14. Catherine Rogan says:

Wonderful Nina. Can’t wait to get a copy….well done, your work is great….

No computers were harmed in the 0.334 seconds it took to produce this page.