Week 2-4

v_6-7_2010

In periods of less time for drawing, I like to do these “week drawings”. This one lasted for almost three weeks , but I usually try to fill a page in one. It feels good to know I have an ongoing drawing that I can just keep working on anytime, without pressure to finish anything, and without sticking to a certain subject. And after a week or so, I try to tie the whole thing together with colour or crosshatching or something. Quite fun, and a good feeling to at least draw a little, even if I don´t have much time.

16 x 19 cm, Lamy Safari with Noodler´s Lexington grey ink and watercolours on Fabriano Rosapina paper (sketchbook page).

21 Responses to “Week 2-4”

1. betty says:

This is a great idea! Great page as well!!

2. Sherie says:

Great idea and wonderful sketches. Very nicely done.

3. Mary Martin says:

Terrific idea, with lots less pressure than feeling like you must finish a complete drawing each day!

4. Jennifer Lawson says:

Wonderful page, Nina. I really like the way you used the yellow. I love your idea.

5. nora says:

I do this too when things are busy… many smaller drawings on one page tied together with color or text or hatching or overlapping subjects. Your page is lovely :)

6. nancy t says:

What a great idea …. I hope you don’t mind if I steal it! These are wonderful little sketches – I love how you’ve added color to some and left others in black & white. nancy

7. Dan Kent says:

Great idea! (Is there an echo in here?) Love the page. I mostly forget hatching when I am to do watercolors – I forget how good it looks. Wonderful page. Love the red blotch!

8. janice says:

Charming, Nina, absolutely charming! And a good idea for those of us with limited self discipline…I need to just draw SOMETHING each day, not try to do a fully realized picture.

9. Deni says:

I LOVE these drawings and am going to try out your idea as well! deni……;)

10. What a great idea to compose a page over a week when you have a snippet of time. you did a great job of tying them all together, Very nice!

11. Lydia says:

this is a great page. I like the yellow how you tied it all together.
    nice.

12. A page filled with wonderful stuff – every little thing almost seems to pop out.

13. Phyllis says:

Oh Nina, Nina, Nina You just keep offering golden nuggets of learning! I love this idea – it completely takes the pressure off ‘finishing’ a page as a complete composition in a sitting. Thank you!!! Love the red blot :)

14. Raena says:

I love everything about this page! Partially colored, composition. I love how some things you’ve put in there are simple everyday things.

15. Sandy says:

And this technique makes for such an interesting composite Most intriguing!!!!

16. Ann says:

Fantastic page! You first introduced me to this idea and your wonderful drawing has inspired me to give it another go.

17. Deborah says:

What a great idea! Beautiful page!

18. Yevgenia says:

Such a great drawing and a cool idea!

19. ksklein says:

Lovely. I like the use of the yellow as a background color.

20. Anna says:

Fantastisk sida, tack för att du delar med dig av dina inspirerande skisser och målningar! Det var så kul när jag läste “about” för jag kände igen mig så totalt – förutom att jag valde den andra vägen till naturvetenskap och teknik och aldrig vågade satsa…. men senaste åren har jag i alla fall återupptäckt min kreativa sida. Det kanske aldrig är försent? :)

Copyright © 2017 Nina Johansson. All Rights Reserved.
No computers were harmed in the 0.160 seconds it took to produce this page.