Slussen III

slussen3_100918

I grabbed my bike to go to Slussen to draw today, and just as I had finished the drawing, the rain came. I came home like a wet dog.

18 x 22,5 cm, Lamy Safari with Noodler´s Lexington grey ink and watercolours on Arches Satinée watercolour paper.

19 Responses to “Slussen III”

1. Laura G. says:

What a lovely job. The coloring is superb!

2. Pedro says:

Glad you finished it.
    It is a wonderful watercolour.

3. Beautifully rendered–sorry to hear you got caught in a downpour but at least your painting wasn’t ruined!

4. Dan Kent says:

Wet dog or no, this is a beautiful page! You have reminded me that I really have to get that Lexington grey ink!

5. Lovely! I particularly like the two white figures in the lower right, and I think I can see that approaching storm! A very pleasing composition.

6. June Hymas says:

Really assured and masterful, the drawing, the page, the coloring and the ink!

7. Joan/Jesse says:

You always manage to include that delightful “surprise” for the eye of the beholder, like the couple left all white in the right foreground. Lovely scene in Slussen…are you working there? Is this near where you live?

8. Nina your sketches and paintings are a real treat to the eye. And very inspiring too. Thank you.

9. Thank you so much, guys, your comments are much appreciated!
    @Joan: No, I don´t work at Slussen, and it´s some kilometers from where I live, but I have decided to work on some drawings in and around this place, that´s why I keep coming back to it.

10. Sandra says:

Well worth the sacrifice!

11. Alex Tan says:

Love it! Beautiful colors

12. Raena says:

At least you finished this fabulous piece before the rains!

13. Marie says:

Just lovely! Is it maybe the big plans for “Slussen” that make you document the area before everything changes?

• Marie says:

I just read futher down on your blogg at the first Slussen drawing where you wrote that this was exactly your intention. Good work!

14. What a lovely sketch. Amazing work.

15. Carolyn says:

I love this. Brings back memories…

16. Anna says:

Lovely drawing! I pass Slussen almost every day since I work close to it. (And I never thought of actually stopping and drawing. Can´t believe how you manage to make the ugly place look so beautiful!) Really hope I can spot you in action some day :D

17. xlhmbxku says:

f2xY5d kmmrbcttaetj, [url=http://gusstjztwhey.com/]gusstjztwhey[/url], [link=http://vrwjwlspszvm.com/]vrwjwlspszvm[/link], http://bdkronxxikog.com/

Copyright © 2018 Nina Johansson. All Rights Reserved.
No computers were harmed in the 0.166 seconds it took to produce this page.