More with mittens

vantar_slussen_3feb2013 vantar_telefonplan_3feb2013

Sunny day again yesterday, with good temperature (0°C). I went for another sketch walk with my mittens on, capturing among other things the Telefonplan tower, where you can change the colour of the windows just by sending an sms. Always a surprise in the evenings.

EDIT: You colour the lights in the tower windows by calling a number, not by SMS. Check this out: Colour by numbers.

Left sketch: 18 x 13,5 cm, right: 13,5 x 18 cm, PITT artist Big brush pens in folded sketchbook with Plano drawing paper.

12 Responses to “More with mittens”

1. You have really mastered your drawing whilst wearing mittens. These are lovely. The Telefonplan tower sounds fascinating, I’d love to see the windows change colour like that!

2. Brian says:

I commend your ability get out into the cold to sketch. I’ve barely left my apartment other than to either walk the dog or get groceries for the past month or so. I really like the softness these images have – you really created a nice sense of depth in that first one. That tower sounds so cool! I’ll have to see if I can use skype or something to make the international call! :)

• I understand you, Brian, the cold isn´t exactly inviting. But I have such a great feeling of accomplishment now that I´ve tried sketching in the cold, I look forward to going out knowing that I might come home with a sketch. : )

3. sole says:

Aww Nina, I admire your ability to make those grays play together. I’ve got a similar set but my drawings aren’t anywhere near your level! Really love the first one, feels very 1930’s, very Art Deco somehow.

I recently went outside to draw in the cold but using gloves! It’s quite funny, and one of the days (when the sketchcrawl) was even snowing, which added to the texture in the paper! ;-)

• Nice going, Sole! I had a bit of snow the other day while sketching. It did affect the paper a bit, but not the markers that I used that day, they were of a non water soluble kind. It´s ok to sketch in snowfall as long as it isn´t really wet snow that´s falling.

4. Jill Miller says:

What a fantastic idea! I wish I were there to watch the tower change color.

5. p_ivan says:

Ah, how nice! You have actually sketched Gondolen. I was there two weeks ago on the way to Norrbotten. Unfortunately, no Aurora (norrsken) this year in Luleå :-( but Stockholm and Norrland inspired me quite a lot with nice winter sceneries to sketch. I will soon finish an album with 10 watercolours from there and forward you the link.

6. AnAis says:

Wow! What an original idea!! :)

7. Martin says:

Inspiring, cold or no cold, no excuses. Cheers.

No computers were harmed in the 0.247 seconds it took to produce this page.