Interviewed by Danny Gregory

As I wrote in an earlier post, I have the great honor of being one of the contributors in Danny Gregory´s new book, An Illustrated Journey. Danny has made a bunch of super interesting interviews with the contributors in this book, and here is mine. It is a half-hour chat about travel sketchbooks, drawing tools, sketching habits and whatnot. Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: If you are on a mobile device, you might be better off clicking the link at the bottom of this post to actually see the video! : )

Nina Johansson: An Illustrated Journey from DannyGregory on Vimeo.

17 Responses to “Interviewed by Danny Gregory”

1. Great Interview! Actually was only looking today on Amazon at Danny’s books, and couldn’t decide which one to buy…now I know! :)

2. Serena says:

Great interview, Nina! :)

3. Jen Appel says:

I did enjoy! So nice to meet you in video form. I found how you approach a sketch very interesting.

4. Aneesah says:

I’m still going through the book (slowly, savouring each artist’s works) and am greatly enjoying the video interviews as well!

And I totally see Danny’s comment on your sketches, that “they look so perfect” — your drawing styles are beautiful!

• Thanks Aneesah, I´m glad you like my work! And me too, I´m reading the book really slowly, looking through each person´s work many many times. : )

5. I just viewed it! Fun to “meet” you and hear more about your process!

- Tina

6. Monika says:

This video interview left me very inspired. I love your sketches because are always so full of vibrant color. I challenge myself to get more pigment from my watercolor pans into my brushes from now on, I am always so cautious – it has to stop. ;-)
    I ordered An Illustrated Journey a week ago, I hope it will arrive soon. In Switzerland, you never know how long books from “outside” might be held up at customs for.

• I am so glad to hear you were inspired by the video, Monika! And true, it is easy to be too cautious with watercolours, but they really are capable of causing real colour explosions on your paper, if you let them! Hope your challenge takes you places! : )

7. Linda says:

Hej Nina
    Jätte trevlig intervju och grattis till ditt bidrag till Danny’s bok.

I intervjun så nämde du tre olika bläck/tusch som du använder i dina Lamy pennor – vilka är de??

Och tack för en inspirerande blog!!!

8. isa says:

Ravie de faire ta connaissance Nina ! J’ai presque tout compris … et suis contente que Danny Gregory ai fait cette interview avec toi :)

• Merci Isa, et c´était très intéressant pour moi de parler avec Danny, je suis contente que c´était intéressant pour autres aussi! : )

9. David says:

Great video! :)

No computers were harmed in the 0.156 seconds it took to produce this page.